** KIWI 2.0 LAUNCH - 50% OFF **
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 integrates all of G Suite (formerly Google Apps) with Gmail as the centerpiece. We turn Gmail and the rest of G Suite into a full-powered desktop client that takes everything you know and love about Gmail and apps such as Docs, Sheets and Slides, and add great new features – including the ability to simplify your life by seamlessly managing multiple Gmail accounts. Finally a solution for office productivity that competes with Microsoft Office 365.
“For teams that love Gmail but crave a bevy of additional features, Kiwi may just do the trick.” -- Forbes
“Can’t miss app.” -- Mashable
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 with G Suite revolutionizes Gmail by transforming not only the functionality and interface of Gmail itself, but also how it works with Google Apps. By providing multiple windows, desktop integration, and a simple, intuitive interface that allows you to quickly access each application, open new documents, and get back to recent documents with a single click, Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 now gives you all the great functionality of G Suite apps in a better way.
One of the most anticipated apps on Kickstarter in 2015 and two years in the making, Kiwi for Gmail delivers a sophisticated app that thoroughly integrates Gmail into your desktop experience in ways that simply aren’t possible in the browser. To do this, we rebuilt how Gmail functions on the desktop from the ground up to make it faster, easier to use, and more reliable.
Get started today and discover a whole new way to use Gmail and G Suite.
• Use Gmail as a desktop app, freed from the browser
• Reliable Multiple Accounts - Use up to 6 Gmail accounts simultaneously using an architecture that's more reliable than traditional Gmail
• Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as native, windowed desktop applications within Kiwi for Gmail
• Ability to open documents in their own windows so you can multi-task like never before using documents across applications and accounts
• Ability to open recent documents and quickly access Google Drive files across multiple accounts
• Intuitive new toolbar on the left side of the traditional Gmail interface provides quick access to all G Suite applications
• Saves all open document windows on exit and restores on relaunch, preserving window size, location, and account in the process
• Ability to open various file types directly within Kiwi for Gmail, including gsheet, gform, gdoc, gslides, gdraw, glink and gnote
• Offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is in development
• Boomerang plugin fully supported
• Huge attachments - Send giant files using Google Drive, which is now so quick to do, it's even simpler than Dropbox.
• Powerful Keyboard Shortcuts - let you get to your email in a second.
• Important-Only Notifications - a desktop email first; use this optional feature and filter the noise right out of your email effortlessly.
• The Zen Switch(tm) - shut off all email notifications so you can focus, without shutting out the whole world.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not have *offline support*, which is incompatible with serving all Gmail's features.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not support Google's Inbox.
• Gmail as a Polished Desktop Experience - Windows for new messages, the calendar, Google Drive; Attach photos, documents, or whatever you want by just dragging them on; An inbox that works like a desktop application and not a strange menubar dropdown hybrid -- we've thought of everything.
• Gmail as your Default Email Client - It really works. Replace Mail and Outlook completely with Kiwi for Gmail - click an email in Contacts or the browser and it'll open one of our beautiful new email windows.
• Dock icon, Menubar dropdown, and full Inbox window.
• Gorgeous, simple New Message windows - Vastly improved over the browser.
• More Gmail plugins - We'll be integrating various third-party plugins in coming updates.
Coming Soon: Find Text (aka CMD-F) (currently in the lab for testing)
Significant Fixes for 2.0 User Issues:
- Rework sidebar to resolve issues affecting some users
- Fix some visual distortions
- Fix interaction issues with certain Lab extensions
- Decrease the amount of zoom that occurs per request
- Make sure that the Google file type icons are registered
- Fix issue with Share on Yosemite
- Fix issue when using Preview Pane Lab extension
- Fix issue when using some Gmail language settings
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0
- Full support for the G Suite Office Applications:
- Sidebar for quick access to common features
Inbox, Calendar, Contacts
Open Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides
Create new Message, Event, Doc, Sheet, Slide
- New Document menu
Create new Message, Event, Doc, Sheet, Slide, Drawing, Form, Note
- Open Application menu
Calendar, Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, Drawings, Keep, Groups
- Restore non-message windows upon restart of applicaiton
- Recently Closed Documents menu
Restore recently closed windows (excludes message, drive and calendar windows)
- View message windows use the Subject as their title
- Support opening Google Drive filetypes
.gsheet, .gform, .gdoc, .gslides, .gdraw, .glink, and .gnote
- Configuration to allow User selecting download location for every download
- Disabled swipe gesture for non-Inbox windows
- Restructured General and added Interface preference pane
- Misc Boomerang integration fixes
- Enable cross-session cache usage to improve performance
- Fix issue with trying to add a new account while adding an account
- Handle indirect requests to Add Account
- Add Reload Window menu item
- Correctly handle references to Calendar items in emails