"So, shall I say it? I shall indeed: StarDrive 2 is the best thing since Master of Orion. Period." – Hooked Gamers
StarDrive 2 is an exciting and evolutionary step forward for the StarDrive franchise. In this eagerly anticipated sequel, the core mechanics have evolved to incorporate a turn-based strategic layer, featuring spectacular realtime battles. As the galactic ruler of your race you will lead your people into a procedurally-generated galaxy, exploring and expanding your space empire to greatness. Exploit planets, navigate asteroid belts and overcome deep space dangers while handling interspecies relations to gain the upper hand. Conduct diplomacy and espionage, make alien friends that will deliver thriving trade treaties – or enemies that will seek to exterminate you at all costs. Research new technologies and design powerful warships to defend your claims. Discover the extensive lore of the StarDrive universe by encountering many dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same.
- Turn-based 4x strategy, featuring real-time tactical space combat and turn-based ground combat.
- Build a space empire turn by turn in an immersive, living galaxy filled with 9 alien races, pirate factions, galactic lore and mystery.
- Hire unique heroes to govern your worlds or to command your mighty fleets in battle.
- Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants, and more!
- Research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to your race. Find even more technologies through in-game events and galactic exploration.
- Build your own ships in the custom ship design mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.
- Enter a Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents. In this mode, you will earn rewards as you fight through the challenges, allowing you to unlock new weapons, ship hulls, and ship modules to upgrade your ships and to purchase new ships to add to your fleet.
• Now built with Unity 5
• Fixed an issue where beam weapon sounds weren't being mixed properly in 3d (so they were always a flat volume regardless of distance to the camera)
• Fixed an issue where the Draylok Battleship could be invincible
• Found some excellent performance enhancements for the combat map
• Fixed an issue where fighters that lost their mothership were not properly being removed from play after a while; this should fix any issue where you had a tough time mopping up after a battle
• Fixed an issue where combat in orbit of Toxic planets would not have the proper planet appearing in the background
• Pre 1.2 saved games should work now
• Swapped out the materials on a number of planets that would appear in the battle map. We'll have a number of prettier planets now.
• Fixed an issue where a fleet could engage a fleet that was far away from it if it was close to it relatively recently; the fleet was not updating its list of known nearby contacts.
• Fixed a rarer bug that could cause the game to become unresponsive - like you couldn't close a quest window or progress the turn
• Fixed an issue where subspace projectors were not properly applying speed bonuses