Opener is an app that allows you to open links from the web in apps instead! Copy a link and launch Opener to see the apps that it can be opened in, or use Opener's action extension right from other apps! Opener currently supports over 210 apps with more being added all the time.
In addition to opening links in apps, Opener also supports:
- Opening links in any browser of your choice.
- Opening the Google AMP version of pages, which are significantly faster than normal web pages.
"If you find yourself looking to view web links in apps often, Opener is a good timesaver that cleverly uses iOS 8 extensions to speed up the process." — MacStories
"It’s simple, handy, and makes browsing the web a lot easier." — LifeHacker
"...lets you open links in their corresponding app, skipping the annoying Web view along the way." — CNET
"As someone who spends huge chunks of my day tapping on my iPhone’s screen, I skipped my Starbucks latte today and bought Opener instead." — TechCrunch
For a complete list of supported apps visit opener.link/apps
Opener 1.4 shines on the iPad in iOS 11!
- Fully supports iOS 11 drag and drop. Drag a link into Opener to view opening options or drag the browser row out to share.
- Adds hardware keyboard shortcuts for opening links and configuring Opener.
- Adds a setting to disable auto-open preferences when Opener is running in split view on iPad (enabled by default).
- Updated for iOS 11's new look.
Some other great stuff:
- Beautiful brand new icon!
- Under the hood performance improvements that will speed up opening many types of links.
- Opener is now better at handling web page content. If open a block of HTML from a web page in Opener we'll recognize hyperlinks within it.
- Opener is now better at handling certain types of common web redirects (Google's google.com/url and Tumblr's t.umblr.com redirect URLs).
- If Opener receives a link that's already an AMP link with the AMP setting enabled, we'll properly recognize it as an AMP link..
As always, if you like using Opener we'd love to hear about it! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store.