Opener is an app that allows you to open links from the web in apps instead! Copy a link and launch Opener to see the apps that it can be opened in, or use Opener's action extension right from other apps! Opener currently supports over 260 apps with more being added all the time.
In addition to opening links in apps, Opener also supports:
- Opening links in any browser of your choice.
- Previewing links from a variety of popular services using 3D Touch.
- Opening the Google AMP version of pages, which are significantly faster than normal web pages.
"If you find yourself looking to view web links in apps often, Opener is a good timesaver that cleverly uses iOS extensions to speed up the process." — MacStories
"It’s simple, handy, and makes browsing the web a lot easier." — LifeHacker
"...lets you open links in their corresponding app, skipping the annoying Web view along the way." — CNET
"As someone who spends huge chunks of my day tapping on my iPhone’s screen, I skipped my Starbucks latte today and bought Opener instead." — TechCrunch
For a complete list of supported apps visit opener.link/apps
This update fixes an issue causing Opener to not be able to open .webloc and .url files through the share sheet.
In the last update:
- Improved handling for some types of news links.
- Fixed an issue causing app launches via x-callback-url to quickly have their values overwritten by handoff.
If you like using Opener we'd love to hear about it! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store.