Pinzi is a puzzle game with Chinese characters. Find pairs of components for as many characters as you can and discover new ones along the way.
Whether you just started out learning Chinese or are already fluent, the more you immerse yourself in Chinese the better. With Pinzi you can actively engage with Chinese characters, even if you have just a few minutes to spare. It enables you to combine Chinese characters in different ways and serves as a great addition to your existing learning materials like textbooks and flashcards. Pinzi encourages you to think of Chinese characters as the sum of their components, a key aspect of successfully remembering and distinguishing complex characters. It chooses the right level of difficulty for you, challenging but not frustrating. So don't be surprised when you end up playing a little longer than expected!
- 3 minutes, 24 components and as many characters as you can find!
- Character components are selected based on frequency lists and your level, whether you know 50 or 5000 characters.
- The better you are, the higher the score!
- Characters that you did not find are shown to you at the end of the game and you can include them into the next game if you want!
- Pinyin pronunciation is included.
- Look up characters in Pleco or online, directly from the app!
- Play with simplified or traditional* characters.
- Eight beautiful color schemes.
- Pay once and play as much as you want, no in-app purchases!
* Traditional characters are fully supported though their style is coherent with the simplified characters (艹 written with three strokes etc.).