Stop tabbing to translation websites and start using Mate! Select text in any app and translate it. Join the other 550,000 users worldwide that are already using Mate.
Mate can understand 103 languages! Translate selected text and clipboard contents with Mate. Open it above all other apps.
• Right-click on selected text in almost any app to translate it.
• Press Alt+Shift+T to translate your clipboard.
• Press Alt+Shift+T to open Mate above all opened apps, too.
Stop tabbing to Google Translate for translations, just use Mate!
TRANSLATE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
• Mate understands 103 languages and also teaches you how to pronounce words correctly.
• Get translations for Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian and more!
• See the phonetic transcription and transliteration of words and text.
• Mate can speak out words and texts with correct accents to help you learn faster.
CREATE A CUSTOM PHRASEBOOK
• Language learners and travelers! Create custom word lists for each language and keep them handy whenever you need.
• Mate Phrasebook – Easily create and curate word lists which are available even offline.
USE MATE ANYWHERE
• Don’t navigate to translation websites anymore when you’re reading an article in Safari or editing a document in Pages. Just use Mate everywhere you go!
• Select any text in any app and get a translation by hitting the “Translate with Mate“ button in the context menu.
SYNC TRANSLATIONS ACROSS ALL DEVICES
• Keep all of your translation and dictionary data synchronized across all your devices.
• Automatically synchronize your data between all your iPhones, browsers and Macs.
No matter what you need translated, a word, a book or a friends’ message, no compromise! Now “Mate it,” will mean, “Come on man, just use this awesome app and forget about using translation websites.” Use Mate for all your translation needs!
Download Mate today to get your ultimate translation helper!
- Fixes for the Chinese Great Firewall. Mate could stop working for some of our Chinese users. Now it should be great again.
- Translation tooltip on pages is slightly smaller now, so it doesn't obstruct too much of actual content.
- If on-page translation in Safari is loading for too long, you can now dismiss it, so it's not cluttering the page forever. Click elsewhere or press Esc to dismiss.
- On-page translation tooltip supports swapping now.
- We localized the app to new languages: Swedish, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Romanian, Italian, Indonesian.
- Previously, if you started the speak out for a long text and minimized the app, it'd keep talking, now it won't.
- Speak out button for the original text was sliding down and up every time you translated something causing misclicks if you wanted to clear the input field. We made that panel more stable – it won't jump around anymore.
- Issue with the wrong Mate's window positioning on multiple displays was fixed. Previously, Mate could pop up on the wrong monitor. Now it won't.
- Mate's window could pop up in the wrong place if hidden with Bartender. Now two apps are compatible.
- Safari extension wasn't localized (more precisely, localizations weren't loading properly). Now they load properly.
- No Google and Facebook sign-in methods. We removed them for privacy and maintenance reasons. More here: http://blog.gikken.co/were-removing-third-party-login-methods-from-mate/
Visit our Help Center for FAQ and tutorials: https://help.gikken.co/hc/
Follow us on Twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/MateTranslate