With Instant Translate translator app, you will be able to translate words and texts between over 100 languages, use text-to-speech, and browse through already-done translations in the history.
You can quickly swap languages in the pop-up using Control+S.
* 103 languages supported
* translate texts up to 20,000 characters long
* translate clipboard contents in one click
* offline history of translations
* translate in the pop-up window that’s always in the menu bar
* translate selected text from the context menu
* open the pop-up with a shortcut
* autorun as the Mac starts
* pin the pop-up window above all other windows
Cmd + Q or use a button at the very bottom in settings.
You can select text anywhere in any other app and then translate it from the context menu (mouse right-click).
Everything is stored to the local history, where you can later find translations using embedded search, delete and manage your translations.
History can be also disabled in settings.
Almost any translation can be played back with the correct pronunciation.
There is a huge amount of languages that are a bit tricky to read correctly for an English-speaker, for example. Therefore, for such languages we provide transliteration along with translation. E.g., if you will be translating "Hello" into Chinese, Instant Translate will yield "你好" as translation and "Nǐ hǎo" as transliteration to get you rid of a conundrum how to read it.
Transliteration can be also disabled in settings.
DICTIONARY, I.E. A LOT OF SYNONYMS:
For majority of translations, Instant Translate will also show a lot of possibilities—divided by parts of speech—how the word can be substituted with analogs.
It is always available from the menu bar of your Mac: you can either click on the icon in the menu bar or press a shortcut to open the window. Moreover, the window is pinnable above all other windows.
Instant Translate can be automatically started as you switch on the computer.
Instant Translate is a cross-platform app which is available for almost all major platforms. Check out our site for more information: http://insttranslate.com
Please, note that Instant Translate requires the Internet connection to translate something new what’s not saved in the history.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Create wordlists for a language pair and fill them with words or phrases that will be available even offline! Good old phrasebook format brought to your Mac.
A perfect solution if
- you go abroad: to have a categorized phrasebook with words pre-saved for different situations;
- you visit language classes: to have wordlists for every class at your fingertips with text-to-speech and search;
- you are learning a new language on you own and need to save new words to learn in a very convenient way.
To start using the phrasebook feature, click on the new book icon in the top right corner on the main screen.
Like Instant Translate? Rate it on the Mac App Store! It cheers us up to release updates faster.