View, edit and create MLA documents with MLA Writer. MLA Writer is the first step for a modern Writing tool for iPad and iPhone that aims to support 100% the standard MLA style. MLA (Modern Language Asociation) specifies guidelines for formatting manuscripts and using the English language in writing.
MLA style has been widely adopted by schools, academic departments, and instructors for over half a century. MLA is also used by over 1,100 scholarly and literary journals, newsletters, and magazines and by many university and commercial presses. The MLA’s guidelines are followed throughout North America and in Brazil, China, India, Japan, Taiwan, and other countries around the world.
With MLA Writer you can:
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders. Customize the covers of your notebooks
· Use advanced RTF formatting: Bold, italic, underline, highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line and paragraph spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text and paper color, page margins, etc.
· Configure the document header and footer: Position of automatic page numbers, text included (for example the author's name), date, top/bottom margins, font style. You can use the tags [title],[date], [datelong], [pagenumber] and [totalpages] in your header and footer text.
· Insert special symbols and characters like arrows, parentheses, punctuation, maths, bullets/stars, pictografs, web links, GPS location, etc.
· Never worry about losing your work, everything is automatically saved as you type
· Export, share and print your documents to multiple formats like RTF, PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT etc. Send your documents to other apps or via email as an attachment
· Sync your work with cloud services like Google Drive, iCloud Drive and Dropbox
· Edit and sync your documents across your devices using iCloud
· Create snapshots of your documents
· Create your own templates for new documents
- Supports split-screen. Run MLA Writer side by side with other apps like Safari, Word Studio, Notes or MS Word
· Exclusive extra keyboard row with direct access to styling and punctuation functions
· Quick keys for tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
· Tap and hold to easily set your own custom keyboard buttons to your commonly-used keys, special symbols, text snippets or hard to reach characters
· Full statistics like number of characters, words, sentences, lines, Avg. Word Lenght, Words per sentence and reading time
· Supports Wireless keyboards and keyboard shortcuts
· Includes a PDF reader and supports PDF documents in the document manager
· Let us know via email (contact @ studio5apps.com) or Twitter @studio5apps if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions
--- Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Let us know via email ([email protected]) or Twitter @studio5apps if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions --- If you like this app, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.
4.0 - Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
3.7 - Added support for dragging documents from our document browser. Supports adding more than one document to a drag session. (iOS 11 only)
- Fixed bug in the size of folder and document covers and previews while using multitasking split screen
3.6 - New file rename UI, quicker and easier
- Improved performance and fixed minor iOS 11 bugs
3.5 - Fixed iPhone "close" panel bug
- Fixed iOS 11 minor bugs and improved performance
3.4 - iOS 11 Files app document providers supported. You can now open/save all kind of documents directly from the new Files app, so MLA Writer can now access any iOS document provider like OneDrive, GDrive, Dropbox, Box, webDAV, etc.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
3.3 - Improved Dropbox document syncing
- Improved support for the next major version of iOS
- Now you can use smaller font sizes than 9 points
- Dropbox framework has been updated to the V2
- Improved support for iPad Pro 10.5" multitasking and split-screen mode
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
2.9 - Fixed the Read Aloud voice rate bug on iOS 10
- Fixed several bugs and improved performance.
- Improved iOS 10.2 support.
2.7 - We removed the ads.
- Improved iOS 10.x support.
2.4 - Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
2.1 - Added Night mode
- Minor bug fixes
2.0 - Improved stability and performance. Fixed minor bugs.
1.8 - Fixed the text align bug and other minor bugs
1.7 - Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
1.6 - Fixed some minor bugs and improved performance
1.4 - Fixed the pre-defined color palette inspector
- Fixed minor bugs
1.2 - Full iPad Pro support and improved iCloud sync
1.1 - Fixed some minor bugs and improved performance
- Added new features like email multiple documents in one attachment or zip and email folders.