Big new update, featuring new content, balance tweaks, and an all new unlock system! Get new perks, traits, bonus, and more! More updates coming!
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
Some time in July-August, the big "DUODENUM" Update is coming. Planned features:
- Lots of new content: Locations, characters, weapons, secrets, and events!
- New rare trading camps, such as the Renaissance Faire and Swole Mountain.
- Feature requests
- New controls options
- And more!
Here's a big update! We're hoping the new unlock system gives beginner players something to look forward to as they get used to the Death Road. Advanced players will also get more options with their character builds and setups, while enjoying new content.
Another big update will hit sometime in August!
Update Changes Summary:
- A new unlock system that adds perks, traits, one-game bonuses, passive upgrades, and more!
- New Zombo Points that you can collect over the course of multiple games, to spend on unlocks, upgrades, and the new Gnome Trader.
- Gnome Trader that lets you buy one thing per game with Zombo Points, including supplies, recruits, and battle rodents.
- 7 new special characters you can recruit!
- New road events, including one that finally lets you change your hat.
- Many new perks and traits to build characters with.
- The ending text is now determined by your gameplay mode and characters. Characters with different skills and personalities have different epilogues, and most special characters have their own ending text!
- A new rare trader, the Sleepy Trader.
- Unlocks button on title screen leads to Zombo Town, where you can meet all the new upgrade and unlock characters.
- Unlock Gnome lets you buy unlocks and passive upgrades, including a long series of toilet upgrades.
- Upgraded toilets.
- Balance tweaks
- And more!
If you like what we're doing, rate us on the App Store and follow us on Twitter: @rocketcatgames