New content update added! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
Another update planned for around May. We're going to add a new location type, along with new weapons, characters, rare trading camps, and tweaks.
As always, with big content updates we will increase the price by a dollar!
The new FEMUR Update for Death Road to Canada adds two new weapons, a new perk for starting with a bow and regenerating arrows, and 5 new trader camps with new mechanics! We also add a new special character, the Barbarian, who constantly gets new weapons. She can get anything from a shovel to a gigantic sword, that she will then use alongside her powerful bow.
- Bow and Arrows Perk added! This will give a character a no-drop bow, which will regenerate 4/7/10 arrows when going back to the road screen, depending on level
- Special bonuses for Bow and Arrows + Specialist Trait, you get more max arrows and regenerate them twice as fast
- Special Character: Barbarian added, rare chance in trading camps
- Barbarian has a bow and arrow with 60 arrows maximum, and gets 20 arrows back per mission
- Every mission, she gets out a new weapon, with a pool of 17 different weapons for 18 total when you include her bow
- She either has +1 max strength or +1 max fitness, when recruited
- Bonesaw added, it can rarely be found in hospitals and clinics. Similar to a fireaxe, but with almost no knockdown capabilities and always cleaves an extra zombie
- Bow values tweaked. Strength and fitness make more of a difference for fatigue, fatigue is less harsh, and bows take 33% longer to draw to full power
- You can now rarely find bow and arrow sets in places with sporting and/or camping goods
- 5 new common trading camps added, for a total of 15 now
- Fence of Values, with 4 traders and also a fence of some sort
- Ruined Camp, but not so ruined that it's not having a FIRE SALE!!!
- Farmhouse Camp, with a barn and dogs and hay
- Big Trading House, with a chance for bathroom reading
- Bazaar, it's the largest one now with 5 traders, gas and weapon buyer, and a campsite for getting a recruit. Its got it all
- Farm dogs that are well behaved but very aggressive against zombies
- Tsundere chicken
- Random egg chance
- Big Trading House has a 20% chance to spawn a magazine
- Ruined Trader/FIRE SALE guy is a special trader with a random inventory, some of which isn't for sale anywhere else
- Tier 1 item costs 3 food, Tier 2 is 6 food, Tier 3 is 10
- 5 tier 1 items, all supplies for about half the usual price
- 6 tier 2 items: 3 Grenades, Sturdy Machete, 5 Pipebombs, Aluminum Bat, Double Barrel Shotgun, Bow + 50 Arrows
- 7 tier 3 items: Uzi, Chainsaw, 9 Molotovs, Mega Maul, Scythe, Ultimate Log, Blowtorch XL
- Blowtorch XL is a blowtorch with extra charges
- Special trading camp failure rate without City Seeker reduced from 60% to 50%
- Burning Car Wrecks now have enough hitpoints to survive burning for 3 minutes instead of destroying itself instantly
- Double Barrel Shotgun can now be sold to weapon buyer for 3 food
- The Whammer now sells for 3 food instead of 2 (still a rip off)
- Plasma Rifle name change
- Moved strength trainer's dumbbell rack down by 1, as it was getting in the way sometimes
- Zombotown Rambeux has a new Haiku
- Mad Doctor Rare Trader now lets you "pick someone else" if you have 4 choices
- Some perks/traits will no longer give you a free "total heal" stat increment