MeasureKit allows you to measure different things in the world using your iPhone’s or iPad’s camera.
Leveraging Apple’s new ARKit technology, MeasureKit contains 9 measuring AR tools:
1) Ruler — measure straight lines on any surface, such as a desk or wall.
2) Magnetometer — measure magnetic field force around your device.
3) Trajectory — measure by “drawing” (moving your device) in the real world.
4) Face Mesh — check different attributes and export a 3D model of your face (available on iPhone X).
5) Marker Pin — measure distance from device camera to fixed points in space.
6) Angles — measure corners.
7) Person Height — measure how tall someone is.
8) Cube — visualize how big something is.
9) Level — check if something is horizontal or vertical
Chaining Mode in Ruler Tool allows you to quickly link multiple rulers together in one measuring session and measure floor area enclosed by a chain — useful for measuring an area of a room.
MeasureKit features an advanced algorithm for world understanding using ARKit. On selected supported devices, LiDAR Scanner uses direct time of flight to measure reflected light from up to five meters away, both indoors and out. It works at the photon level, operates at nanosecond speeds, and allows MeasureKit app to offer really smooth and accurate measuring experience including on walls, desks and other surfaces.
We’re excited to present you a new major version of MeasureKit. In this update, our team have worked hard to bring the measuring accuracy and app performance to a new level by adopting all the latest AR advancements and developments. Across all iOS devices, this results in better measuring accuracy for all MeasureKit tools.
Moreover, on selected supported devices, LiDAR Scanner uses direct time of flight to measure reflected light from up to five meters away, both indoors and out. It works at the photon level, operates at nanosecond speeds, and allows MeasureKit app to offer much more smooth and accurate measuring experience.
Please send us your questions and feedback at [email protected] or @MeasureKit on Twitter. Your feedback is always very welcome and considered for the next release. We’ll also help you if there’s an issue with the app on your device.
If you’re feeling generous with your time, you can support us by leaving a nice review in the App Store. We’d also appreciate it if you recommend MeasureKit to someone. As an indie developer, it means the world to us. Thank you!