Meteorfall is a deck-building roguelike. You'll choose your class from one of four unique adventurers, and then set out with a deck consisting of some basic attack cards. During the course of your adventure, you'll be presented with the opportunity to add powerful new cards to your deck.
No adventure would be complete without slaying a few monsters that get in your way. In battle, you'll draw cards from your ability deck. Each time you draw a card, you'll be able to swipe right to play the card, or swipe left to skip a turn and regain some stamina.
Between battles, you'll venture through a variety of locations, represented by an encounter deck. You'll encounter blacksmiths that can upgrade your cards, temples that can help you optimize your deck, and mysterious characters that will make you all sorts of bargains.
The tactical strategy of combat micro-decisions mixed with the strategic element of deck-building provides a compelling and deep gameplay experience.
As with all roguelikes, death is permanent. You'll earn some gems that you can use to unlock new cards, but it's back to the drawing board after that. Start out with a new adventurer and set out on your quest once again.
The good news is that Meteorfall is different every time you play - you'll encounter different locations, different enemies, and different quests. Part of the challenge is adapting to the challenging situations the game puts you in, given the cards available.
Good luck hero - it's time to end the Uberlich's cycle of destruction!
+ Challenging roguelike gameplay with an easy-to-understand deck-building combat system
+ Procedurally generated content - every adventure is unique
+ A dozen different enemies with 7 unique bosses
+ Four heroes to choose from, each with a different starting deck and unique playstyle
+ Unlockable cards that can be easily earned through normal play
+ Game Center integration with Leaderboards and Achievements
+ Portrait orientation for casual one-handed gameplay
+ No ads, timers, or other freemium shenanigans
DEMON UPDATE (FULL PATCH NOTES - September 2018)
Full notes - http://meteorfall-game.com/patch_notes.txt
Discuss - https://www.reddit.com/r/Meteorfall/
- Added Demon Mode difficulty! Unlock a set of progressively more difficult challenges by defeating the Uberlich (The first level should unlock automatically if you've beaten the Uberlich and have the achievement for winning with that character)
- 5 new demonic enemies: Cococat, Lutenica, Salamandrah, Chickenburn, Alcodemon
- 2 new quests: The Mischievous Spider and Krumit the Frail
- 18 new cards: Char, Scorch, Dispel, Mage Hunter, Devour Magic, Dig Treasure, Warmblooded, Skull Bash, Swig o' Grog, Bull Horns, Trident, Defensive Stance, Artifact Collector, Mining Pick, Shades, Shake it Off, Kick, Puppet Master
- 'Gold' encounter removed
- 'Treasure' encounter now shows 3 cards (instead of 2), and also gives 5 coins
- 'Shop' encounter has 50% chance (per card) of displaying a card of a higher level than you would normally see on that floor (max is still level 3)
- Level up: when adding a card to your deck, one choice is guaranteed to be a card of a type that is already in your deck, and the other is guaranteed to be a card of a type that is NOT in your deck
- SHADOWBURN AND SHADOW PACT: Now add 'Forsaken' to the target, which prevents the next source of healing from having any effect
- REJUVENATE: Added stamina regeneration; now reads "Shuffle 3 'Blessing' cards into your deck that give 1 action, 3 stamina, and heal for 2 when drawn"
- PICKPOCKET: Now reads "Deal 3 damage. Steal an item or buff (up to level 1) from your opponent";"
- RAVAGE: Now reads "Deal 3 damage. If opponent is bleeding or poisoned, deal an additional 3 damage and gain 1 action"
- VAGABOND BOOTS: At level 2 or higher, now adds improved stamina recovery when skipping a card
- STAB: Now adds Poison at level 2 or higher
- BOAST: Now reads "Deal 4 damage. Increase the damage dealt by this card by 1 each time your play it (resets at end of battle)"
- BLOCK: Now reads "Block the next 3 damage you receive and gain 1 action"
- SUMMON WRAITH: Wraith damage reduced- BOAST: Now reads "Deal 4 damage. Increase the damage dealt by this card by 2 for each other Boast played in this battle (resets at end of battle)"
- SHADOW PACT: Damage taken when drawn with no charges is reduced
- SPIDER BITE: Now reads "Inflict Poison (1) and reduce enemy stamina by 1. Gain 1 action"
- BATTLE STANCE: Now reads "When you play this card, deal 3 damage + 3 for each time you skipped it this battle. Skipping this card also adds 2 armor.";
- Most enemies adjusted to reduce average card level (broad, small nerf to basic non-boss enemies)
- Events "People's Champion" and "Village of Miracles" now scale with current location 'depth'
- BRUNO: Added 1x Battle Stance to starting deck, -1x Attack
- BRAMBLE'S FORTITUDE: Fixed issue where Bramble's Fortitude to recover too much stamina
- MAGIC DANCE: Fixed bug where it wasn't recovering the right number of charges
- DISINTEGRATE: Fixed bug where Disintegrate wasn't affected by Staff
- Fixed a bug where some cards showed prices to upgrade, even though they were not upgradable
- Fixed a bug where new cards were always added to the bottom of the player's deck
- Various minor bug fixes