v2 comes with new features to the app, in short:
- Nginx as Reverse Proxy on top of Apache
- Redis (in-memory key-value store)
- Varnish (HTTP accelerator designed for content-heavy dynamic web sites)
- Removed FTP as mandatory dependency for the webserver
- Added Custom Scripts tab in Config so we allow any user to contribute with own scripts for a distro and start creating a community
***** This is the best Linux Web Server manager on App Store *****
Easy to install and configure Apache or Nginx web server, PHP, MySQL or MariaDB, FTP, SSL certificates, domains and emails on your server.
- Add&manage UNLIMITED servers (VPS or Dedicated)
- Install, configure and manage web servers: Apache, Nginx or Apache with Nginx as proxy
- Install, configure and manage: PHP, FTP (Pure-FTPd), MySQL or MariaDB or Percona, Mail Server to get each of your servers ready to host domains
- Ability to uninstall services
- Multi PHP (5.6, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and system default) & Apache on/off from selection of modules
- Unlimited MySQL/MariaDB users and databases, domains, ftp accounts and emails
- Unlimited FREE SSL** certs issued by Let’s Encrypt certificate authority
- Shell account for FTP users
- Fail2Ban intrusion prevention software Install, Configure and Latest Activity
- Setup scheduled cron jobs
- Setup backup for your files or databases locally or on Amazon S3 and FTP external backup
- View server logs and block IP's
- Rollback up to 50 earlier versions of your config files in case you need to
- System updates - keep your linux server up to date
- 3rd Party Scripts
--- Redis (in-memory key-value store)
--- Varnish (HTTP accelerator designed for content-heavy dynamic web sites)
--- WP-CLI (command-line tools for managing WordPress installations)
--- ConfigServer Security & Firewall (csf)
--- Composer (application-level package manager)
--- PHPMyAdmin(database manager)
--- Webmailer (roundcube)
--- OneClick Wordpress Installer
Custom Scripts will allow our community to grow and each user can upload own scripts that may help others
Linux distributions supported:
- Ubuntu 14.04 (LTS) and newer
- CentOS 6.x and newer
- Amazon Linux 2016.03/09 and 2017.03/09
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and newer
- Debian 7 and newer
and YES goPanel works perfect with Amazon instances and Digital Ocean droplets as long as you use a linux distribution we support.
* make sure your linux server does not have FTP server installed and you install it from the goPanel app.
** Let’s Encrypt - centOS 6.x experimental support only
** Let’s Encrypt - AMI linux not supported yet
- native support for Apple Silicon based Macs. This version is released as a universal binary that works on both Intel and Arm/M1 macs.
- support for Debian 11
- added acme.sh as Letsencrypt client in addition to Certbot.
- re-enabled support for wildcard certificates (only with acme.sh)
- fixed several issues related to the service installation routine and improved compatibility with newer MacOS versions.
- small touches to the UI