Nisus Writer Pro is a powerful word processor with an impressive set of features to help you create beautiful documents.
Nisus Writer Pro offers an intuitive interface, superior multilingual text support, unmatched compatibility, and an abundance of tools that allow you to create, edit, and polish your prose. Taking notes in class, creating your thesis, or writing your book, Nisus Writer Pro can handle it all.
Nisus Writer Pro was built from the ground-up exclusively for the Mac, so it feels like home with support for macOS autosave, document versioning, and iCloud.
CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL:
Our streamlined interface keeps you focused on what matters most: your writing.
• Mac native and Retina ready, ensuring crisp text and sharp tools.
• Escape to a distraction-free full screen mode.
• Straightforward style sheets make formatting using styles easy.
• Simultaneously edit different parts of a document using split view.
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS:
Our native document file format, Rich Text Format (RTF), provides excellent compatibility with most other apps.
• Collaborate using comments in threaded conversations.
• Record tracked changes while editing and formatting text.
• Open and save Microsoft Word files, among other popular formats.
• Sync your documents and app settings using iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• PDF export that includes annotations, links, TOCs, and other advanced content.
Our tools are endlessly customizable, or stay out of the way completely. You're in control.
• Decide which palettes are seen, when, and where.
• Add any command to the toolbar.
• Add any command to your MacBook's Touch Bar.
• Keyboard shortcuts are customizable for all menu commands.
Features that run deep, honed by our decades of experience with text processing on the Mac.
• Approachable find and replace.
• Advanced search with full support for regular expressions (regex).
• Footnotes & endnotes with styles to control numbering and other aspects.
• Cross-reference and link text using bookmarks.
• Generate a document Table of Contents (TOC) and indexing.
• Drawing tools wrap text around images, text boxes, and other shapes.
• Automate your workflows using extensive macros.
• And so much more!
This is a minor update that fix several important bugs.
• Fixed: possible crashes when editing in Page View with footnotes or endnotes.
• Fixed: replace all often fails to properly redraw the text on screen.
• Fixed: the Language palette often fails to update automatically.
• Fixed: the text insertion point can draws on an incorrect line in certain pagination scenarios.
• Fixed: replace in search results list window incorrectly always warns that matches may have changed.
• Fixed: opening documents with no prior saved selection or scroll location should scroll to the very top.
• Fixed: list of longest sentences and largest images should be sorted by their size, not location.
• Fixed: first click on a truncated tracked change button (eg: accept) should not expand the change.
• Fixed: adjusting color preferences fails to properly redraw the screen.
• Fixed: changing a palette's expanded/condensed mode is not saved.
• Changed: improved cross-reference sample text for tables with empty cells.
• Fixed: mail merge does not autofill split file name template.
• Fixed: the language toolbar button is too narrow.
• Fixed: if a tracked change is not wide enough to show the full "Reject" button, show a rewind symbol instead.
• Fixed: Formatting Examiner palette should not show "note reference" for selections inside the note text area.
• Fixed: clicking the Language palette to activate a document should never edit the document.
• Changed: don't encode the “revtbl” control in RTF files if there aren't any tracked changes.