Nisus Writer Pro is a powerful word processor with an impressive set of features to help you create beautiful documents.
Nisus Writer Pro offers an intuitive interface, superior multilingual text support, convenient compatibility, and an abundance of tools that allow you to create, edit, and polish your prose. Taking notes in class, creating your thesis, or writing your book, Nisus Writer Pro can handle it all.
Nisus Writer was built from the ground-up exclusively for the Mac with native support for Apple Silicon (M1), Dark Mode, document autosave and versioning, and iCloud
CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL:
Our streamlined interface keeps you focused on what matters most: your writing.
• Mac native and Retina ready, ensuring crisp text and sharp tools.
• Escape to a distraction-free full screen mode.
• Straightforward style sheets make formatting using styles easy.
• Simultaneously edit different parts of a document using split view.
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS:
Our native document file format, Rich Text Format (RTF), provides excellent compatibility with most other apps.
• Collaborate using comments in threaded conversations.
• Record tracked changes while editing and formatting text.
• Open and save Microsoft Word files, among other popular formats.
• Sync your documents and app settings using iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• PDF export that includes annotations, links, TOCs, and other advanced content.
Our tools are endlessly customizable, or stay out of the way completely. You're in control.
• Decide which palettes are seen, when, and where.
• Add any command to the toolbar.
• Add any command to your MacBook's Touch Bar.
• Keyboard shortcuts are customizable for all menu commands.
Features that run deep, honed by our decades of experience with text processing on the Mac.
• Approachable find and replace.
• Advanced search with full support for regular expressions (regex).
• Footnotes & endnotes with styles to control numbering and other aspects.
• Cross-reference and link text using bookmarks.
• Generate a document Table of Contents (TOC) and indexing.
• Drawing tools wrap text around images, text boxes, and other shapes.
• Automate your workflows using extensive macros.
• And so much more!
• Restored Spanish localization– thanks to Francisco J. Martín Domínguez!
• Fixed: improved compatibility with beach-themed versions of macOS.
• Fixed: changing to Style View and back should preserve the scroll location.
• Fixed: zero-length selections (aka: insertion points) are not restored when reopening files.
• Fixed: macOS text translation menu is unavailable when selection spans multiple paragraphs.
• Added: Open Recent menu shows checkmarks next to already opened files.
• Fixed: changing the list bullet in a regular document view can incorrectly apply a blank/empty list bullet.
• Fixed: Document Manager group listing can initially incorrectly clip names.
• Fixed: possible Page View crashes and hangs.
• Fixed: some areas did not treat a Control + left click as a secondary/right click
• Fixed copy/paste of paragraph styles with certain list styles can trigger superfluous text layout.
• Fixed: redefining a style from the selection can incorrectly add a font override.
• Fixed: certain changes in the Style Sheet view did not correctly update the palettes.
• Fixed: dense comments and/or tracked changes could be incorrectly truncated when creating a printout or PDF.
• Changed: using the forward delete key (DEL) in a table will clear the cell contents instead of deleting cells.
Additional bug fixes and improvements.