Nisus Writer Pro is a powerful word processor with an impressive set of features to help you create beautiful documents.
Nisus Writer Pro offers an intuitive interface, superior multilingual text support, unmatched compatibility, and an abundance of tools that allow you to create, edit, and polish your prose. Taking notes in class, creating your thesis, or writing your book, Nisus Writer Pro can handle it all.
Nisus Writer Pro was built from the ground-up exclusively for the Mac, so it feels like home with support for macOS autosave, document versioning, and iCloud.
CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL:
Our streamlined interface keeps you focused on what matters most: your writing.
• Mac native and Retina ready, ensuring crisp text and sharp tools.
• Escape to a distraction-free full screen mode.
• Straightforward style sheets make formatting using styles easy.
• Simultaneously edit different parts of a document using split view.
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS:
Our native document file format, Rich Text Format (RTF), provides excellent compatibility with most other apps.
• Collaborate using comments in threaded conversations.
• Record tracked changes while editing and formatting text.
• Open and save Microsoft Word files, among other popular formats.
• Sync your documents and app settings using iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• PDF export that includes annotations, links, TOCs, and other advanced content.
Our tools are endlessly customizable, or stay out of the way completely. You're in control.
• Decide which palettes are seen, when, and where.
• Add any command to the toolbar.
• Add any command to your MacBook's Touch Bar.
• Keyboard shortcuts are customizable for all menu commands.
Features that run deep, honed by our decades of experience with text processing on the Mac.
• Approachable find and replace.
• Advanced search with full support for regular expressions (regex).
• Footnotes & endnotes with styles to control numbering and other aspects.
• Cross-reference and link text using bookmarks.
• Generate a document Table of Contents (TOC) and indexing.
• Drawing tools wrap text around images, text boxes, and other shapes.
• Automate your workflows using extensive macros.
• And so much more!
Version 3.0.1 is a minor update that fixes several important bugs discovered since the release of the prior major version 3.0.
• Editing the New File preferences could trigger crashes.
• Export to DOC or DOCX would:
- incorrectly enforce page breaks before every paragraph.
- incorrectly apply the options "keep with next paragraph" and "keep paragraph together" to most text.
• Fixed issues with Full Screen mode:
- Full Screen settings should not be restored when reopening a file no longer in Full Screen mode.
- Editing text in Full Screen can trigger large white rectangles to flash on screen.
- Scrollbars can incorrectly remain visible after exiting Full Screen, even when set to automatically hide.
- Adjusting the Full Screen gutter width slider did not trigger immediate updates.
- Toolbar items could incorrectly disable all their contextual menus in Full Screen.
• Fixed performance regression where files with many tables are slower to save and otherwise interact with.
• Spellchecking can incorrectly mark all words as misspelled after opening the Language preferences.
• Floating text boxes often don't immediately show newly added text.
• HTML export should produce stable intra-document link URLs for TOCs, cross-references, etc
• Fixed some issues related to language preferences:
- The option to change the runtime localization (for menus etc) should have been disabled. All non‑English translations haven’t yet been updated for version 3.0.
- The language preference to "Switch to last used font" did not always work correctly.
- Old language customization files could incorrectly revert language settings every time the app is launched.
- Adjusting language preferences and then immediately quitting the app could fail to save the new settings.
- Removed vestiges of the outdated Portuguese localization, which triggered crashes at launch if activated.
• App activation could incorrectly create an Untitled window, even if an existing document was already open.
- Also should not restore empty Untitled documents when relaunching the app.
• Section endnotes are not always visible in Page View.
• Inserting an endnote in Page View doesn't always scroll it into view.
• Print paper scaling no longer works correctly.
• And more...
(Full release notes are available via the Help menu, or our website).