Nisus Writer Pro is a powerful word processor with an impressive set of features to help you create beautiful documents.
Nisus Writer Pro offers an intuitive interface, superior multilingual text support, unmatched compatibility, and an abundance of tools that allow you to create, edit, and polish your prose. Taking notes in class, creating your thesis, or writing your book, Nisus Writer Pro can handle it all.
Nisus Writer Pro was built from the ground-up exclusively for the Mac, so it feels like home with support for macOS autosave, document versioning, and iCloud.
CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL:
Our streamlined interface keeps you focused on what matters most: your writing.
• Mac native and Retina ready, ensuring crisp text and sharp tools.
• Escape to a distraction-free full screen mode.
• Straightforward style sheets make formatting using styles easy.
• Simultaneously edit different parts of a document using split view.
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS:
Our native document file format, Rich Text Format (RTF), provides excellent compatibility with most other apps.
• Collaborate using comments in threaded conversations.
• Record tracked changes while editing and formatting text.
• Open and save Microsoft Word files, among other popular formats.
• Sync your documents and app settings using iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• PDF export that includes annotations, links, TOCs, and other advanced content.
Our tools are endlessly customizable, or stay out of the way completely. You're in control.
• Decide which palettes are seen, when, and where.
• Add any command to the toolbar.
• Add any command to your MacBook's Touch Bar.
• Keyboard shortcuts are customizable for all menu commands.
Features that run deep, honed by our decades of experience with text processing on the Mac.
• Approachable find and replace.
• Advanced search with full support for regular expressions (regex).
• Footnotes & endnotes with styles to control numbering and other aspects.
• Cross-reference and link text using bookmarks.
• Generate a document Table of Contents (TOC) and indexing.
• Drawing tools wrap text around images, text boxes, and other shapes.
• Automate your workflows using extensive macros.
• And so much more!
There are over 200 changes in this version, including bug fixes and refinements.
• Page View should not show instabilities in the scrollbar position and page count during editing.
• Updated the DOC/DOCX file converter to use the LibreOffice version 6.1.5 code base.
• Several optimizations to improve responsiveness when working in files with many or large tables.
• Typing over specially marked text (bookmarks, comments, links, or indexing) will preserve or expand the marking instead of removing it.
• Exported PDFs will now encode custom page numbering/format in PDF metadata.
• Added: the menu Copy New Cross-Reference works if the selection exactly encloses any valid target (eg: note number, TOC heading, etc) even if it doesn’t already have a bookmark.
• Added table menu commands to control most aspects of table cell borders and shading.
• Fixed: the Find All results list window is not sorted correctly by document content location.
• Fixed: section column balancing can incorrectly partially obscure lines of text or reserve too much whitespace.
• Fixed: worked around an Apple bug that incorrectly flags words as misspelled on Mojave.
• Fixed: printouts and PDFs of documents with mixed/rotated paper orientations display incorrectly.
• Added: new menu command "Paste Raw Text Only" will paste the source's plain text without any kind of processing or conversion.
• Fixed: several issues when displaying numeric values in the palettes and elsewhere.
• Fixed: decimal tab stops should use the localized separator character appropriate for the applied language.
• Fixed: date and time stamps don't use correct localization.
• Fixed several issues with automatic numbers.
• And many more...
For complete details please see the full release notes on the Help menu inside Nisus Writer, or on our website.