Nisus Writer Pro is a powerful word processor with an impressive set of features to help you create beautiful documents.
Nisus Writer Pro offers an intuitive interface, superior multilingual text support, unmatched compatibility, and an abundance of tools that allow you to create, edit, and polish your prose. Taking notes in class, creating your thesis, or writing your book, Nisus Writer Pro can handle it all.
Nisus Writer Pro was built from the ground-up exclusively for the Mac, so it feels like home with support for macOS autosave, document versioning, Dark Mode, and iCloud.
CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL:
Our streamlined interface keeps you focused on what matters most: your writing.
• Mac native and Retina ready, ensuring crisp text and sharp tools.
• Escape to a distraction-free full screen mode.
• Straightforward style sheets make formatting using styles easy.
• Simultaneously edit different parts of a document using split view.
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS:
Our native document file format, Rich Text Format (RTF), provides excellent compatibility with most other apps.
• Collaborate using comments in threaded conversations.
• Record tracked changes while editing and formatting text.
• Open and save Microsoft Word files, among other popular formats.
• Sync your documents and app settings using iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• PDF export that includes annotations, links, TOCs, and other advanced content.
Our tools are endlessly customizable, or stay out of the way completely. You're in control.
• Decide which palettes are seen, when, and where.
• Add any command to the toolbar.
• Add any command to your MacBook's Touch Bar.
• Keyboard shortcuts are customizable for all menu commands.
Features that run deep, honed by our decades of experience with text processing on the Mac.
• Approachable find and replace.
• Advanced search with full support for regular expressions (regex).
• Footnotes & endnotes with styles to control numbering and other aspects.
• Cross-reference and link text using bookmarks.
• Generate a document Table of Contents (TOC) and indexing.
• Drawing tools wrap text around images, text boxes, and other shapes.
• Automate your workflows using extensive macros.
• And so much more!
NEW IN VERSION 3.2:
• Dark Mode
• Support for macOS Big Sur
• Support for Apple Silicon
• New menu View > Go to Content to jump to special document content
• Inserting a PDF asks the user how to insert: as text, an image, or sequence of images.
• New menu Extract Text From Image uses optical scans (OCR) to extract text. Requires macOS Catalina.
• New menu Show Font Previews shows the selected text using all available fonts.
• Added ability to save, load, and reset customizable colors in the Appearance preferences
NEW IN VERSION 3.2.1:
• Fixed a variety of issues on macOS Big Sur, including sluggish behavior and excessive RAM memory usage.
Many more enhancements and bug fixes are included in these versions. Full release notes are available inside the app via the Help menu.