8mm is so realistic it was even used to film scenes in the Oscar-winning documentary Searching for Sugar Man!
We have established the de facto standard of real-time retro film emulation. It was featured by Apple in App of the Day, App of the Week, In the Director's Chair, App Store Essentials, etc.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old-school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, and even frame shake, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
SHOOT BOTH PHOTOS AND VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Combine effects of film color, halation, dust & scratch, film grain, and softening to create authentic old-school movies
• Adjust the strength of the effects to achieve your own unique visual style
• 10 Lenses (frame) effects: Projector, Vignetting, Light Leak, Color Fringing, Super 8, Screen, 16mm, Tube, color negatives of Super 8 and 16mm
• 21 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan, Two-Color, 2-Strip, 3X, and monochromes
• Additional 21 filters that emulate real historical films and expired films - available with the 8mm Pro subscription
• Jitter Button to imitate real 8mm projectors frame shakes
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
• Up to 4K 30fps with original unfiltered video recording on newer devices
A COMPACT EDITOR FOR MOVIE CREATION
- Apply film and frame effects to clips
- Trim video, pan & zoom photo
- Add a soundtrack from your music library
- Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions
8MM PRO SUBSCRIPTION
- You can subscribe or make a one-time purchase for unlimited access to all current filters and future updates
- Start your subscription with a free 7-day trial. Once the trial is over, you’ll be charged an annual subscription fee
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions to turn auto-renew off
• 8 new 35mm films for our 8mm Pro subscribers
• 2 new frames of Super 8 and 16mm color negative films with black sprockets
• Display current value when adjusting filter