Pocket Casts is a premium podcasting app for iPhone and iPad.
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple, yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something for you:
BEST IN SHOW
Design: Your podcasts have never looked so beautiful, colours change to complement podcast artwork
Themes: Choose between dark and light display themes
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise
Stream: Play episodes on the fly
Chapters: Jump between chapters in the MP3 and AAC formats
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals
CarPlay: browse your podcasts and filters to find an interesting episode, then control playback. All without ever touching your phone
Apple Watch: Control playback from the Now Playing Glance
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV with a single tap
Sync: Subscriptions, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
Twenty seventeen. Sounds so odd to say. I guess twenty sixteen was no better though. Anyway we're here for the change log, not my internal monologue:
- You can now unsubscribe from podcasts you're currently playing without the app crashing. I mean I get it, you're so offended by what someone said that you NEED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY but this one took me by surprise. You people are weird.
- Implemented Siri based actions like "rewind 3 minutes" or "skip ahead 2 minutes". Useful for people with those new fan-dangled wireless headphone thingies (you know, the ones that make you look like you shoved two toothbrushes into your ears).
- Fixed an issue where playing from Control Centre would sometimes play then pause immediately.
- Fixed issues with images in show notes being the wrong aspect ratio (look at me and muh big words! ASSSSPEEEECTTTT RAAAAAATIIIIOOOO)
- Fixed voice over text on the podcast grid
- Fixed issues around downloading episodes and starring them/marking them unplayed
- Fixed grid resorting being slow, when you let go. Look it rhymes but let's not pretend that's a crimes. Yes, I added an 's', sorry Jess, it's a mess.
- Fixed options button on the iPad going walkabouts sometimes on the podcast page.