Pocket Casts is the world's most powerful podcast platform, an app by listeners, for listeners.Our podcast player provides next-level listening, search and discovery tools. Find your next obsession with our hand curated podcast recommendations for easy discovery, and seamlessly enjoy your favorite shows without the hassle of subscribing.
Here's what the press has to say:
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something you love.
WE SWEAT THE DETAILS
Design: Easily listen to, manage and find new podcasts.
Themes: Whether you're a dark or light theme person we've got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture.
Everywhere: CarPlay, AirPlay, Chromecast and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Apple Watch: Control playback from our Apple Watch app, adjust the volume or change playback effects, all without ever touching your phone.
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV or speakers with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcast collection directly from the Sonos app.
CarPlay: When you're in the car, so are we.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
This release we've spent time fixing and refining all those small things that bug you, or that you've emailed us about. Hopefully you find some things in this list that were your pet peeves. Nothing would make us happier than resolving them and making your life just that teency bit better!
- Implemented a new Skip Last feature, where you can skip things like outro songs you aren't into automagically
- Implemented bigger and more consistent video player controls, so you can skip through videos far easier
- Added Listening History to CarPlay so you can quickly find episodes you've just heard
- Added a new notification action so you can choose to Play Next or Play Last
- Added the ability to tap on the tab you're already on to go to the top, and in discover trigger search
- Added support for asking Siri to play podcasts for you. "Hey Siri play The Daily on Pocket Casts" and similar phrases should now work.
- Tweaked now playing info to show you the published date of the episode you're playing
- Improved MP3 chapter support, the app should now be able to read a wider array of chapters
- In addition to the above, fixed an issue where chapters could be shown for podcasts that don't have chapters, after playing one that does
- Fixed an issue where turning on "Open Player Automatically" could make the player open automatically a wee bit too often
- Fixed some issues with the iOS status bar being the wrong colour in certain themes
- Fixed some issues with navigation bars being the wrong colour in certain themes
- Fixed issues with the player not responding correctly to theme changes
- Fixed an issue where the colour for artwork could be cached for longer than the artwork itself
- Fixed an issue where if you seek while an episode is paused, the position could jump around a bit until it's finished seeking
- Fixed some additional seeking issues in various shows
- Fixed some cross device syncing issues
- Fixed an issue where some Pocket Casts share links would open the app, but not the podcast itself
- Fixed an issue where your podcast settings might not update if you leave the podcast page open
- Fixed an issue where the time remaining in Up Next was cut off on smaller phones
- Fixed an issue with CarPlay where it could lock up and or refresh too often
- Continued to spell colour correctly. In this house we stan the Queens English