Discover, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping, or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home, office, or enterprise wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, 802.11 information elements (IE), and much more.
• Suitable for home and small office networks
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80, and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax networks
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for more straightforward analysis and optimization
• Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Access point name discovery (if supported)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
• Full-screen mode and split view support
• Comprehensive help
Are you a wireless engineer or IT professional working in the design, validation, management, or troubleshooting of enterprise wireless networks? Consider WiFi Explorer Pro. To learn more, visit www.intuitibits.com.
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
• Adds support for creating custom filters (see WiFi Explorer > Preferences > Filters).
• Adds support for filtering networks by attribute (see WiFi Explorer Help > Get Started > Filter scan results).
• Adds support for grouping filter expressions using parenthesis. Also, logical operators are now AND, OR, and NOT, instead of &, comma, and !, respectively.
• Adds "Apply as Filter," "Apply as Filter and Negate," "New Filter," and "New Filter and Negate" options to the contextual menu in the Networks table.
• Adds option to show/hide row separator lines (see View > Show Row Separator Lines).
• Adds option to not include hidden service networks in the scan results (see WiFi Explorer > Preferences > Advanced).
• Fixes incorrect supported rate shown in Advanced Details (5.5 Mbps was displayed as 6 Mbps).
• Fixes the formatting of the "Last Seen" column for networks found during the last scan.
• Updates Help documentation.
• Other fixes and improvements.
Are you a wireless engineer or IT professional working to design, validate, manage, or troubleshoot enterprise wireless networks? Consider WiFi Explorer Pro. To learn more, visit www.intuitibits.com.
If you find WiFi Explorer useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to us!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Lite Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send us a message so we can resolve it.