Monitor and troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable, multi-line status icon display options
• Annotations to easily identify between access points
• Detachable popover window
• Light and dark mode support
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations
• Notifications and event logging for common events, such as when the computer joins to or disconnects from a network, moves to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
• Adds support for bold text in the status display pattern by using ** around the desired text portion, e.g. "Ch **%C**"
• Fixes an issue where the position of the status item in the system bar could not be changed.
* Fixes an issue displaying a two-line status on older versions of macOS.
New in Version 4.3:
• Adds support for a two-line status display pattern.
• Adds support for vendor name (%V) in status display patterns.
• Adds support for WPA3 networks.
• Adds support for annotations.
• Adds ability to notify when transmit rate drops below a given threshold.
• Fixes issues when switching between light and dark system appearances.
• Fixes Spanish localization.
• Updates vendor database and improves vendor name resolution.
• Other minor changes and UI tweaks.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to us!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send us a message so we can resolve it.