Prizmo 4 is a scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in 28 languages with powerful editing capabilities, text-to-speech, iCloud support, and translation into 59 languages.
No matter what capture device is at hand, Prizmo is the best option for scanning and performing OCR. It works with pictures taken with your iPhone, iPad, or digital camera, with documents coming from connected or Wi-Fi scanners, even with screenshots! It will help you easily scan any documents (invoices, receipts, boards, giant advertisements...) of any sizes (US Letter, US Legal, A4, and custom)...
"My results were great, and it could definitely act as my only scanner. But, it really isn’t only a scanner, it can be used on anything. If you see a movie poster or an ad that you like and would like to have documented, just take a picture, and Prizmo will help you with perspective, cropping and everything else." (by Joe Turner - MacApper)
Optimized for macOS Big Sur.
• Built to take advantage of Apple Silicon CPU & GPU capabilities, and to deliver optimal performance in image processing, OCR, and more
• Remodeled app icon
• Modern style for the window toolbar
• Specific Processing for Business Cards and Multipage Documents
• Input File Formats: regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
• Input Options: digital cameras (iPhone, iPad, DSLRs...), camera tethering, Continuity Camera (requires macOS Mojave or later), connected and Wi-Fi scanners, screenshots, snap any text from your screen
• Built-in neural network-based OCR in 28 Languages (see list on https://creaceed.com/prizmo) + Apple OCR in English, Simplified & Traditional Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
• Detection of 2 Types of Regions: texts and images
• OCR Editing and Correction: add, delete, merge and reorder regions, on the one hand, edit text for correcting mistakes on the other hand
• Automatic Frame Detection: lay the page, snap it, and let Prizmo handle the cropping
• Automatic Text Orientation Detection
• Perspective Correction to Compensate Camera Point of View
• New image processing options like Page Detection, Repair Edges, and Flatten Curved Contents
• Real-time OCR Results: moving/resizing region frames immediately updates text results
• Resolution Increase: image enhancement allows OCR results where OCR is generally not even thinkable
• Output Formats: image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), and text files (PDF with Spotlight-searchable text, RTF, TXT) - even multipage!
• Efficient compression formats (CCITT G4, JBIG2) for pages with black & white cleanup to generate small-sized PDFs
• Prizmo Document Sharing across devices (iOS & Mac) through iCloud (native documents only). Everything is preserved when editing the same document on these platforms.
• Export to the Evernote, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and WebDAV Online Services
• Cloud-based Statistical Translation into 59 Languages (neural network method requires Pro Pack, see below)
• Accessibility Feedback for the OCR Processing (blank, blurry image, etc.)
• Text-to-Speech for Reading Scanned Texts: over 90 voices in 26 languages with navigation settings and interactive reading progress display (available for free in macOS Preferences)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Handoff support
• Enhanced for the Retina Display.
Prizmo 4 - Pro Pack
If you process many text documents, you’ll be interested in the Pro Pack. It is available as in-app purchase, and includes the following additional features:
• Batch Document Processing
• Automator Action for automatically performing OCR as a workflow action or smart folder
• Custom Export Scripts for integrating Prizmo in enterprise workflows using custom Unix scripts and AppleScripts.
• Neural network-based translation in 22 languages: see https://creaceed.com/prizmo
If you need fast friendly help, or if you want to send your feedback, contact us at [email protected]
Prizmo 4.2 is an important update that brings support for Apple OCR, new image enhancements, rich export options, and universal documents on par with Prizmo on iOS. Apple OCR provides superior accuracy & performance. New image enhancement options include AI-based document orientation detection, improved page detection & cropping, edge repair, and curved document flattening. Advanced export options now include customizable JPEG quality for color images, CCITT G4 & JBIG2 for black & white images to enable small-sized PDF files.
Prizmo 4.2 is optimized for macOS 11 Big Sur. It requires macOS 10.13 or later to run.
- Prizmo 4.2 brings support for Apple OCR (macOS 10.15 required). Apple OCR provides superior accuracy & performance. Apple OCR on macOS 11 supports 8 languages in total (English, Simplified & Traditional Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish), whereas on macOS 10.15 it supports English only. Other languages (28 in total) are still processed using the alternative high-performance on-device OCR with machine learning.
- Added the ability to disable the OCR for specific pages.
- Fine-grained OCR text polarity detection that allows to automatically detect text contents with different contrasts on the same page.
- Improved image pre-processing for more accurate OCR results.
- Prizmo 4.2 brings an improved regions reordering workflow that allows to automatically guess the region order based on the layout or to partially reorder some regions.
- The text editor only displays text-only regions for better clarity (no more image regions).
- Improved handling of defaults settings applied to new pages (Go to “Preferences > Advanced”). These settings apply to new documents. Existing documents replicate other page settings when adding new pages. There are also new available settings like Page Detection, Repair Edges, and Flatten Curved Contents.
- New state-of-the-art page detection.
- New CoreML-based document orientation detection on image import.
- New options to automatically repair page edges and flatten curved contents.
- New efficient compression formats (CCITT G4, JBIG2) for pages with black & white cleanup to generate PDFs as small as 40 KB/page.
- OCR is now performed automatically when needed when exporting to a text based format.
- Export user interface has been improved with a more granular progress and better default filenames.
- Prizmo document on Mac & iOS now share the same foundation so everything is preserved when editing the same document on both platforms.
- Text-content pages and business cards can now coexist in the same document.