Hydra offers innovative photo capture technology, and lets you take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions, which makes it a great companion to iOS Camera app.
Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra also goes beyond the 8-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
• Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
• Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6) to create stunning videos.
• Lo-light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x and 4x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
• Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.
(*) recommended for static & distant scenery. Rendering artifacts can occur for scenes with parallax and for moving subjects.
Apple Watch App Improvements
- Modernised Hydra Watch app to support watchOS 4. Watch app is now faster and more reliable than before.
- New haptic feedback when shooting completes and when autoshoot timer advances.
- Requires an Apple Watch with watchOS 2.2 or more recent.