**Apple Design Award Winner**
Capo helps you learn to play the songs in your music collection by ear. Its sophisticated, easy-to-use features will have you learning to play more songs in less time.
• GET THE CHORDS: Capo analyzes the songs you load by "listening" to them, and then displays all the chords it hears. In addition to naming the chords, Capo can show diagrams for guitar, ukulele, banjo, mandolin and 4-6 string bass players. When Capo misses a chord, or gets it wrong, you can correct the detected chords easily, and your changes get saved with the song. You can specify alternate chord voicings, and for all you lefties out there: we've got you covered with our left-handed display mode. Rock on, southpaws!
• CHANGE THE SPEED: Slow down (or speed up) your music without changing its pitch, so you can practice with the recording at a comfortable pace. Its high-quality time stretching engine ensures that your music sounds great at any speed. Export your speed-adjusted songs for use in other applications or devices.
• CHANGE THE KEY: Quickly transpose your music to a different key so you can play or sing along with it comfortably. The chords and chord diagrams update immediately to reflect the new key as you drag the pitch slider.
• LOOP PLAYBACK: Loop sections of a song for practice or sharing by creating regions. Simply drag on the waveform to create looping regions that snap to the beat and loop in time with the original recordings. Name the looping regions or colour code them to stay organized. Or export your regions for use in other applications.
• EXTRACT OR ELIMINATE INSTRUMENTS & VOCALS: With Capo's cutting-edge isolation effect, you can more easily hear the parts of a song you are trying to learn by simply adjusting a few sliders. Extract the sound of a single instrument/vocal to hear it more clearly, or eliminate it to create a custom backing track.
• GENERATE TABLATURE: Record the notes you hear in a song — simply by using your mouse and clicking the notes you see on the spectrogram. No longer do you have to keep a notepad at hand to transcribe solos, because your transcriptions are saved for when you return to learning, or playing a song.
• ADD A 'VIRTUAL CAPO' / CHOOSE ALTERNATE TUNINGS: Quickly audition a song's chords using different frets and alternate tunings so you can find out where it’s most comfortable to play, or to better match your instrument. When setting a fret to place a "virtual capo", Capo automatically adjusts its chord diagrams so they are displayed in relation to the capo.
• METRONOME AND COUNT-IN: Rehearse like a pro and improve your timing by playing along with a song-synchronized click track. Use the count-in feature to give yourself a bar or two to take a deep breath before rocking out with your favorite songs.
• SAVE CHANGES & COLLABORATE: All your work while learning a song (e.g. editing chords, creating loops) gets saved in a 'Project' while you work. When you open that song again, you’re ready to pick up where you left off. You can also share your projects and collaborate with students, friends or bandmates using email, AirDrop, Messages, or simply by copying the project to another Mac.
• SHARE PROJECTS BETWEEN DEVICES: Easily share your work between your Mac and your iPhone/ iPad, when you also have Capo touch (purchased separately from the iTunes App Store.) Using iCloud, changes you make to your songs are kept up-to-date on all your devices so you can be ready to continue where you left off whether you made the changes at home on your computer, or while traveling on the road.
• LOAD MUSIC FILES: Capo can open, play and analyze the songs you purchased from the iTunes Store as well as MP3, M4A, AIFF, and WAV audio files.
Note: As with all apps, Capo cannot play music that is protected using Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology. This includes streaming content from Apple Music and other services.
• When the pitch of a song is modified, that change is now reflected while scrubbing audio
• Fixed some parts of the UI where incorrect fonts were specified
• Chords are no longer rendered with accidentals that are overly "spaced out" on macOS 10.11+
• When displaying chord inversions (e.g. the 'F#' in D/F#), accidentals are now rendered the same as the root note
• Fixed an issue that would cause audio playback to get stuck during playback after rapid seeking—usually near the start of the file
Some of the above fixes are based on the crash reports and feedback emails that are submitted by our users. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, and please keep the feedback coming! It helps us make Capo the best app that it can be!