“iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.” ***** The New York Times
“iA Writer is an example of how powerful simplicity and accessibility can be.” ***** The Guardian
“iA Writer is all about textual production—writing this phrase, this sentence, this word at this moment.” ***** WIRED
4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds.
When you tap and hold a key in the command keyboard, you’re given the chance to choose your own layout. Rearrange your keys, or pick new ones from the extensive list.
You can open documents and launch frequent actions in no time with the new Quick Search. It lives in the keyboard so it’s always close at hand.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
# Get in Touch
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
This update fixes a few small bugs. It includes all the great features in iA Writer 5.6:
# Style Check
- Improve your writing by getting rid of fillers, clichés, and redundancies
- They’re automatically dimmed and crossed-out as you type
- Easy to delete: double-tap to select the whole phrase
- Private: all processing is done on your device
- Fast: optimized to work in real-time
- Enable in aA menu or with Option+Shift+Command+D
- Built-in patterns for English, French, German
- Add your own patterns in Editor settings
- Use the ? button when editing custom patterns to learn how to make them better by providing context, exceptions, and using regular expressions
# Other Improvements
- Markdown files open up to 350 times faster
- More responsive when editing large files
- Editor correctly handles inline code that contains backticks