“iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.” ***** The New York Times
“iA Writer is an example of how powerful simplicity and accessibility can be.” ***** The Guardian
“iA Writer is all about textual production—writing this phrase, this sentence, this word at this moment.” ***** WIRED
4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds without leaving the window.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
# Get in Touch
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
iA Writer 5.3 is a companion release to our big update for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
# Updated File Keyboard Shortcuts
- Simpler and consistent with iOS and iPadOS
- Command+N creates a new file in current window
- Shift+Command+N creates a new file in a new window
- Return opens a Quick Search result in current window
- Shift+Return opens a Quick Search result in a new window
# Content Blocks with Relative Paths
- `../Note.txt` will include a file from the parent folder
# Handoff Improvements
- Handoff now works when both devices have a Library Location with the same name
- Files are handed off using Library paths: `/Locations/GitHub/Readme.md`
- Requires iA Writer 5.3 on both devices
# Other Improvements
- Links to local images are now converted as file URLs
- Fixed link import from Word
- Fixed gif export to Word
- Changed `write` URL command with `mode=append` to create a file if it doesn’t exist
- App activates for new documents created using Dock menu
- Double-click Smart Folders in Organizer to edit rules (as in Mail)