“iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.” ***** The New York Times
“iA Writer is an example of how powerful simplicity and accessibility can be.” ***** The Guardian
“iA Writer is all about textual production—writing this phrase, this sentence, this word at this moment.” ***** WIRED
4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds without leaving the window.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
# Get in Touch
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
This update fixes a few small bugs. It includes all the great features in iA Writer 5.4:
# Export Improvements
- Share, export, publish, print, and copy directly from context menu in Library
- Added Copy Markdown action (includes Content Blocks)
- Share any file to other apps
- Word export keeps headings on the same page as the following paragraph
# Other Improvements
- Updated to KaTeX 0.11.1 and added mhchem and copy-tex extensions
- Fixed an issue where bullet lists were imported from Word as ordered lists
- Added icons for preferences panes
- Fixed an issue where key commands for window switching were not working with some keyboard layouts
- Fixed an issue where new windows caused existing partially offscreen windows to move
- Excluded node_modules from indexing
- Fixed an issue where some Smart Folders with multiple search rules did not work
- Improved internal link detection for automatic heading identifiers