“iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.” ***** The New York Times
“iA Writer is an example of how powerful simplicity and accessibility can be.” ***** The Guardian
“iA Writer is all about textual production—writing this phrase, this sentence, this word at this moment.” ***** WIRED
4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds without leaving the window.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
# Get in Touch
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
This update fixes a few small bugs. It includes all the great features in iA Writer 5.5:
# PDF Preview
- PDF preview makes it easy to prepare files for printing and export
- Automatically refreshes as you edit the text
- Choose to fit page or fit width from contextual menu
# Publishing Improvements
- Publish directly to self-hosted WordPress.org sites
- WordPress accounts can be configured to upload Markdown
- Micropub support for Micro.blog and other IndieWeb tools
- Add multiple accounts from each service
- Reorder and rename accounts
# Editing Improvements
- Surround text with two equals signs to ==highlight==
- Option Command = toggles highlighted text
- Option Command - toggles strikethrough
- Option Command ` toggles inline code
# Other Improvements
- Added ability to hide items from stats toolbar
- Character count without spaces
- Hold Option when in Library contextual menu to delete folders and files without a confirmation
- Improved support for increase contrast accessibility option
- KaTeX \gdef now works as expected
- Lists can begin immediately after a paragraph, an empty line between them is no longer required