THE #1 SSH CLIENT FOR iOS — POWERFUL FEATURES, EASY-TO-USE.
Includes Panic Sync, our secure, super sync service — for FREE.
It's classic. You step outside for a few seconds to eat some gyros and the server goes down, or you lie down to do some light reading and a web page needs an emergency typo fix. Maybe your company uses IRC. Maybe you just like to check in on your servers often. Either way, you're the type of person that already uses SSH. Having a quality SSH client in your pocket is a very good idea.
Welcome to Prompt 2. In the three years since Prompt was released and became a favorite of admins, we've been constantly releasing updates, while also taking notes on what significant new features people wished Prompt had. Then, we did almost all of it.
Prompt 2 is, simply put, an excellent SSH and TELNET client. But how can it make SSH tasks easier? Read on.
NEW IN PROMPT 2
• Panic Sync
Finally. Sync your favorite servers, passwords, private keys, and clips, between Prompt on all of your iOS devices. It’s fast, it’s extremely secure, and best of all, it’s free.
Put your most-used commands and text bits into clips and access them with a single tap via Prompt’s keyboard bar. Clips can be stored globally or per-server.
• TouchID Lock
Secure Prompt, and only Prompt, using TouchID. Keep your servers safe.
• Private Key Generation
You can now generate keys without leaving Prompt. Drop 'em on your server, and you're off.
• Improved Key Management
Working with private keys is easier than ever
• Open Connection Switching
Easily switch between connections using a tab bar (iPad) or edge swiping (iPhone).
• Server Folders
Create groups of servers for easier sorting.
• A Fresh New Design
Sleeker, cleaner, beautiful — Prompt now looks the part in iOS 8.
• iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Ready
Looks great on any screen size.
• Customizable Keyboard Bar
• Full Bluetooth Keyboard Support
• Agent Forwarding
TAKE CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY PROMPT 2.
A fresh Prompt for a new iOS! Here's what's new in 2.6:
• Added support for Ed25519 keys for both host key verification and client key exchange
• Added support for importing and connecting with keys generated using the OpenSSH format
• Added optional “Smart Punctuation” support in Keyboard settings
• Panic Sync: Added fine-grained control for merging Panic Sync data
• Panic Sync: Added support for resetting repositories directly from Prompt
• Support for iOS 11
• Fixed an issue where backgrounding the app while in a folder or while editing a server caused the app to incorrectly return to the root servers view
• Fixed an issue with the prompt-favorite:// URL scheme when Touch ID was enabled for Prompt authentication
• Fixed an issue where system permission alerts on first launch could interfere with opening the app via a URL scheme
• Fixed an issue where notifications about expiring sessions could be displayed even after the app was force quit