THE #1 SSH CLIENT FOR iOS — POWERFUL FEATURES, EASY-TO-USE.
Includes Panic Sync, our secure, super sync service — for FREE.
It's classic. You step outside for a few seconds to eat some gyros and the server goes down, or you lie down to do some light reading and a web page needs an emergency typo fix. Maybe your company uses IRC. Maybe you just like to check in on your servers often. Either way, you're the type of person that already uses SSH. Having a quality SSH client in your pocket is a very good idea.
Welcome to Prompt 2. In the three years since Prompt was released and became a favorite of admins, we've been constantly releasing updates, while also taking notes on what significant new features people wished Prompt had. Then, we did almost all of it.
Prompt 2 is, simply put, an excellent SSH and TELNET client. But how can it make SSH tasks easier? Read on.
NEW IN PROMPT 2
• Panic Sync
Finally. Sync your favorite servers, passwords, private keys, and clips, between Prompt on all of your iOS devices. It’s fast, it’s extremely secure, and best of all, it’s free.
Put your most-used commands and text bits into clips and access them with a single tap via Prompt’s keyboard bar. Clips can be stored globally or per-server.
• TouchID Lock
Secure Prompt, and only Prompt, using TouchID. Keep your servers safe.
• Private Key Generation
You can now generate keys without leaving Prompt. Drop 'em on your server, and you're off.
• Improved Key Management
Working with private keys is easier than ever
• Open Connection Switching
Easily switch between connections using a tab bar (iPad) or edge swiping (iPhone).
• Server Folders
Create groups of servers for easier sorting.
• A Fresh New Design
Sleeker, cleaner, beautiful — Prompt now looks the part in iOS 8.
• iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Ready
Looks great on any screen size.
• Customizable Keyboard Bar
• Full Bluetooth Keyboard Support
• Agent Forwarding
TAKE CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY PROMPT 2.
• Fixed an issue where background text color could incorrectly extend to the line below
• Fixed an issue where the two-factor authentication prompt was not displayed for some server configurations
• Fixed an issue where bold fonts were not properly displayed in some cases
• Added Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts for Page Up and Page Down (Option + Up/Down arrow)
• Miscellaneous bug fixes, mostly related to 1Password integration and URL schemes