"SynthMaster: The most powerful softsynth you may not have heard of" Keyboard Magazine
"If ever there was a desert island synth, SynthMaster is it, covering all sonic bases with authority and a superb tone" Computer Music Magazine
"Many developers say that they've produced the one and only synth you'll ever need, but we've always felt that was a dubious claim. In SynthMaster’s case, though, it’s one that rings true" MusicRadar
SynthMaster Player for iPad is the mobile player version the award winning SynthMaster software synthesizer.
It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds during music production. Although it is a preset based player, users can edit the following preset parameters:
1) 8 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer
2) 2 XY Pads assigned by the sound designer
3) Effect bypass states and send amounts
4) Layer bypass states and volumes
5) Master volume, polyphony
The free app comes with 100 factory presets. When users complete registration by entering their names and email addresses they receive another 100 factory presets as a bonus!
After completing registration, users can upgrade to the Pro version of the app by purchasing the "Factory Presets" bank via In-App-Purchase (IAP). With the Pro Upgrade all of the 800 factory presets are loaded and also the following features are unlocked:
1. Users can save the changes they have made to the presets.
2. Users can purchase additional preset banks via In-App-Purchase (IAP). We currently have 28 additional preset banks that contain 1750 presets for various genres/styles.
3. Existing SynthMaster users can download their previously purchased SynthMaster preset banks inside the app, so that they don't have to purchase them again.
4. Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.7 and import them into SynthMaster Player for iPad using iTunes.
The built-in 2 octave keyboard with pitch and modulation wheels lets users play notes without having to connect an external MIDI controller to their iPad. With its Scale functionality, it shows the users the notes on the scale, and with its Chord functionality the user can play a certain chord by pressing a single note.
SynthMaster Player for iPad supports CoreMIDI and also virtual MIDI. It acts as a virtual MIDI destination for other DAW apps. Midi input device, midi input channel, and receive midi beat clock settings can be adjusted from the MIDI Settings window.
SynthMaster Player for iPad acts as an source/instrument in InterApp Audio. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to InterApp enabled DAW apps.
SynthMaster Player for iPad acts as a source/instrument in AudioBus, with state saving enabled. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to AudioBus enabled DAW apps.
Minimum Operating System Supported: iOS 7.0
Minimum Hardware Supported: iPad 3rd Generation
Recommended Hardware: iPad Air and above
- built with the latest iOS 9 compatible Audiobus library
- Added a global setting to limit the polyphony
- Added midi learn for master volume and xypads
- Added vibrato and modulation(channel pressure) to the piano keys (Pro upgrade required)
- Midi bank select, program change implemented (Pro upgrade required)
- XYPads can now be dynamically recorded up to 30 seconds (Pro upgrade required)
- Internal arpeggiator can now be off to use external arpeggiator (Pro upgrade required)
- You can create your own sounds with the desktop version and import to the iOS version (Pro upgrade required)
- Preset BUNDLES added to purchase presets at a discounted price!
- You can now purchase other banks before purchasing the pro upgrade factory presets!
- Desktop Factory Presets version 2.7 added as an IAP, new sounds with new filters, waveforms and algorithms