BusyCal is the most powerful, flexible, reliable calendar app for macOS. It's packed with innovative, time-saving features including customizable views, calendar sets, integrated tasks, travel time, smart filters, natural language input, weather, moons, graphics, tags, do not disturb mode and much more.
The app comes with a free 14 day trial and requires an active subscription to function. Please see the In-App Purchases section for pricing information. One subscription covers the entire family.
BusyCal displays your calendar in Day, Week, Month, Year and List views. What makes BusyCal unique is its ability to customize these views to more precisely meet your needs. You can choose the number of weeks shown per month, or days shown per week, and you can even customize the calendar's appearance by choosing a font face and size, calendar colors, time format, work week and a lot more.
In BusyCal, Tasks are integrated into your calendar, display on the date or time they are due, and carry forward until completed. You can also display a Task List in the sidebar. NOTE: Reminders in iOS 13 / macOS 10.15 is not compatible with BusyCal.
BusyCal's info panel enables you to quickly view and edit event details with speed and precision. The info panel can be displayed in the sidebar, as a popup or a floating window. And it's completely customizable, you can choose from a wide range of attributes to display including time zones, tags, maps, private notes, last edit time and more.
NATURAL LANGUAGE INPUT
BusyCal enables you to create events and tasks using natural language. A preview of the event details are displayed while you type as it recognizes titles, dates and times, locations and more. You can even use it to add contacts or attendees to an event, set alarms, add URLs, and to indicate the calendar to create the event on.
BusyCal allows you to block out time for walking, driving or taking mass transit to an event or location. You can set a fixed amount of travel time or determine it automatically using the integrated support for Location Services and Apple Maps. You can even receive alerts when it's time to leave as traffic conditions change.
MENU BAR APP
The BusyCal menu bar app is always running, even when the main BusyCal app is not running, so you always have access to your schedule.
BusyCal's Smart Filters are a powerful tool for managing your calendar. Smart Filters can be accessed with a keyboard shortcut or a button on the toolbar to display calendar sets (showing/hiding multiple calendars), perform saved searches (events that contain 'Joe'), apply view settings (an 8-week month view) and much more.
BusyCal displays alarms in a movable, resizable floating window that offers the ability to snooze an alarm for any number of minutes from now or before the start of an event, or snooze multiple alarms at once. And BusyCal Alarms trigger even when the main BusyCal app isn't running, so you'll never miss an important appointment.
WEATHER & MOONS
BusyCal displays a live 5-day weather forecast, phases of the moon, and sunrise and sunset times.
BusyCal lets you add graphics to your calendar to highlight holidays and special events. You can choose from the built-in Emoji and IconFinder images, or drag images from your desktop or web.
BusyCal integrates with its sister app, BusyContacts, forming a flexible easy-to-use CRM solution. By adding contacts to events in BusyCal, you have instant access to a contact's email address and phone number, as well as a record in BusyContacts of your interactions with them.
SYNC AND SHARE CALENDARS
BusyCal supports iCloud, Reminders, Todoist, Google, Exchange, Office 365, CalDAV, Fastmail, Custom CalDAV Servers, Zoom, Google Meets, GoToMeeting, LAN sharing as well as WebDAV subscriptions.
[NEW] Multiple default alarms can now be configured in Settings > Alarms
[NEW] Additional custom sounds under Settings > Alarms
[NEW] New setting added to use sound preference for all alarms
[NEW] New setting to configure Floating Time as default under Settings > Time Zones
[NEW] Custom Font for notes can now be configured under Settings > Appearance > Fonts
[NEW] Recently added invitees and contacts are now automatically remembered
[NEW] Natural language support for journal entries. Prefix sentences with: ">", "memo", "log" or "journal"
[NEW] New up next + calendar widget
[NEW] Sort Smart Filters alphabetically
* Colors can now be assigned to read-only events via colored "my tags"
* "New Calendar Set" menu option added to the File menu
* New accessibility setting to disable click-and-drag event creation
* Enhanced natural language date range recognition in Quick Entry
* Double clicking on the date number in Day View now takes you to Week view
* 1st of each month now visually stands out
* Improved sorting of tasks within widgets
* Improved handling of corrupt .ics files during import
* Improved text color in dark mode
* "Reset manual ordering" option added to the context menu for Task calendars (in the left sidebar)
* Open main calendar from the menu app
* View settings now automatically sync between devices over iCloud
* Copying an event with an embedded conference call now copies the meeting link to the clipboard as well
* "Copy attendees", and "Show only this calendar" options added to event's context menu
* Go To Date text entry field now automatically picks a future date when year is not specified
* Google Doc attachments (from Google Calendar) now display the document name where possible
* Converting an all-day task to a timed task now assigns the default timed-alarm(s) if set
* Fixed an issue where opening events from search results would require a double-click
* Fixed an issue where banners would appear black when printing on Sonoma
* Fixed bug where the menu app's date sections would overlap at times
* Fixed bug where the menu app would not show an event if an identical event belonged to a manually hidden calendar
* Fixed how snooze alerts are added to recurring events. Snoozes now get added to the snoozed occurrence instead of all occurrences
* Fixed bug where assigning a local tag on a meeting would at times present a "Notify Organizer" prompt
* Fixed bug where MS Teams meetings created in Google Calendar would incorrectly get identified as Google Meets
* Enabling "Ignore attachments" on an Exchange calendar now works as expected
* Ongoing stability improvements