BusyCal 3 is the most powerful, flexible, reliable calendar app for macOS. It's packed with innovative, time-saving features including customizable views, integrated to dos, travel time, maps, natural language input, weather, moons, graphics, tags and more.
BusyCal displays your calendar in Day, Week, Month, Year and List views. What makes BusyCal unique is its ability to customize these views to more precisely meet your needs. You can choose the number of weeks shown per month, or days shown per week, and you can even customize the calendar's appearance by choosing a font face and size, calendar colors, time format and more.
INTEGRATED TO DOS
In BusyCal, To Dos are integrated into your calendar, display on the date or time they are due, and carry forward until completed. You can also display a To Do List in the sidebar. NOTE: Reminders in iOS 13 / macOS 10.15 is not compatible with BusyCal.
BusyCal's info panel enables you to quickly view and edit event details with speed and precision. The info panel can be displayed in the sidebar, as a popup or a floating window. And it's completely customizable, you can choose from a wide range of attributes to display including time zones, tags, maps, private notes, last edit time and more.
NATURAL LANGUAGE INPUT
BusyCal enables you to create events and to dos using natural language. A preview of the event details are displayed while you type as it recognizes titles, dates and times, locations and more. You can even use it to add contacts or attendees to an event, set alarms, add URLs, and to indicate the calendar to create the event on.
BusyCal allows you to block out time for walking, driving or taking mass transit to an event or location. You can set a fixed amount of travel time or determine it automatically using the integrated support for Location Services and Apple Maps. You can even receive alerts when it's time to leave as traffic conditions change.
MENU BAR APP
The BusyCal menu bar app is always running, even when the main BusyCal app is not running, so you always have access to your schedule. It displays a mini-month, a scrolling list of your events and to dos, and the weather forecast. You can click on an event to view its details, and create new events and to dos using natural language.
BusyCal's Smart Filters are a powerful tool for managing your calendar. Smart Filters can be accessed with a keyboard shortcut or a button on the toolbar to display calendar sets (showing/hiding multiple calendars), perform saved searches (events that contain 'Joe'), apply view settings (an 8-week month view) and much more.
BusyCal displays alarms in a movable, resizable floating window that offers the ability to snooze an alarm for any number of minutes from now or before the start of an event, or snooze multiple alarms at once. And BusyCal Alarms trigger even when the main BusyCal app isn't running, so you'll never miss an important appointment.
WEATHER & MOONS
BusyCal displays a live 10-day weather forecast, phases of the moon, and sunrise and sunset times.
BusyCal lets you add graphics to your calendar to highlight holidays and special events. You can choose from the built-in Emoji and IconFinder images, or drag images from your desktop or web.
BusyCal integrates with its sister app, BusyContacts, forming a flexible easy-to-use CRM solution. By adding contacts to events in BusyCal, you have instant access to a contact's email address and phone number, as well as a record in BusyContacts of your interactions with them.
SYNC AND SHARE CALENDARS
BusyCal supports iCloud, Reminders, Google, Exchange, Office 365, CalDAV, LAN sharing as well as WebDAV subscriptions, enabling you to sync calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app. This includes the ability to share calendars, schedule meetings, and view the availability of others.
This update brings stability improvements and bug fixes.
* NEW: Reminders sync is here! You can sync directly with Reminders.app by adding a new "Apple Reminders" account from BusyCal > Preferences > Accounts > [+]
* New menu shortcut to quickly include / exclude events from all calendars from a specific account (right-click on account name in left panel)
* Improved search to support partial text matches
* Improved support for Open-Xchange CalDAV server
* Improved performance of background sync
* Improved sync performance of WebDAV subscriptions
* Improved performance of displaying calendar events in BusyContacts for selected contacts
* Improved overall responsiveness of the app with multiple accounts and dozens of calendars in each
* Improved handling of malformed attributes in Notes
* Improved handling of malformed iCalendar data containing third-party meta-data
* "Confirm changes on shared calendars", when checked under Preferences, now also applies to calendars you own but have shared with others
* Identical, duplicate alerts are now ignored when syncing from a CalDAV source
* Improved recovery handling of network failures for Google Calendar
* Duplicate alarms in an event are now ignored, and only one reminder is displayed
* Inbox notifications no longer synthesize when manually importing .ics meeting replies or cancellations
* Dismissal of snooze alarms now get acknowledged if BusyCal is running in the dock
* BusyContacts is no longer automatically launched for Birthday-sync if it's not already running
* Improved selection color for Dark appearance when accent color is blue
* Addresses an issue related to dragging tasks from OmniFocus where the title would get set as Untitled
* Fixed a bug where the exchange public calendar browser would appear shrunk
* Fixed GTB timezone mapping for Exchange sync to use Europe/Bucharest instead of Europe/Istanbul
* Fixed a bug where the alarm popup would not display the default alarm time correctly after switching the app's timezone
* Fixed birthdays and anniversaries appearing twice at times
* Fixed weather to update displayed temperatures when switching between celcius and fahrenheit
* Fixed an issue with List view printing where at times certain date ranges wouldn't show up in print
* Fixed an glitch where the info panel would shrink in size at times
* Ongoing stability and performance improvements