Continuously Featured on the Mac App Store for Over Five Years
Transform disorganized folders into neatly organized subfolders effortlessly. Utilize over 15 built-in rules or craft your own to sort files with precision. Leveraging multi-core processing, Folder Tidy swiftly manages even terabytes of files.
A single click swiftly tidies up cluttered files, relocating them into categorized subfolders—be it Pictures, Music, Spreadsheets, or Source Code. Custom rules offer advanced sorting, such as moving pictures older than 2020 to an "Old Pictures" folder, or funnelling Word documents tagged as "Work" into "My Office Work Files."
Not quite satisfied with the outcome? The Undo button restores all files to their original locations. A novel historical undo feature allows for reversing any tidying operation even at a later date.
• Sort files into subfolders based on predefined or custom rules.
• Multiple built-in rules (now 18 and counting) for various needs.
• Specify file types for clean-up and set items to ignore.
• Choose custom destinations for the organized files.
• Options to disregard aliases, folders, and labeled items.
• Instant or historical undo capabilities.
HIGHLY RATED AND RECOGNIZED
Internationally acclaimed with hundreds of five-star ratings. Featured in Lifehacker, Addictive Tips, Softpedia, Mac360, MakeUseOf.com, and Macworld. Scored 9/10 on Mac.AppStorm.
• Displaying the current file path being moved back in the undo window.
• Resolved an issue where an undo could stall if it was unable to create one of the necessary folders to recreate the original hierarchy.
• Improved the undo logic to no longer treat "file already exists" as an error.
• Improved thread-safe handling for updating the Log Output window.
• Introduced a prompt to encourage having a recent backup before initiating a tidy (this can be disabled after the first appearance).