HandsFree 2 turns your Mac into a powerful handsfree device so you can use the built-in microphone and speakers (or use a USB headset) to make phone calls, manage text messages (SMS and receive MMS) or record important conversations.
It works with almost any Bluetooth enabled phone (including Android, Windows Phone and iOS*). HandsFree 2 guides you through the pairing and connecting, then provides you with an always available menu bar icon so you can quickly use your phone without having to get it. You can even leave it in another room or your pocket.
It’s like OS X Continuity except for everyone and with more features. Download it today and see how awesome it is to use your phone through your Mac.
Check out what you can do right on your Mac:
• Make and receive phone calls
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) *
• Receive images through text messages (MMS) *
• Record important conversations
• View missed, incoming and outgoing call lists.
• View existing text messages.
• Notifications for missed calls and low battery
• AppleScript support
• Contacts plugins and PopClip extensions
* - Some features are not available on iOS devices. Android requires version 4.4 or higher for text messaging support.
[New] Added button in send text message dialog to quickly show the Emoji chooser.
[Fixed] Issue where incoming text messages would hang the app when using certain Samsung phones.
[Fixed] Issue where the audio device could switch back to the built-in microphone and speakers after answering a call on the Mac.
[Fixed] Issue where it could be hard for the other party to hear you. The input gain for the microphone is now set to the maximum when a call is active. This also really helps when recording conversations.
[Fixed] Issue where searching for a contact using two words would show incorrect results.
[Fixed] Potential crash when showing a call dialog.
[Improved] The app will switch back to the chosen audio device when it's plugged back in. This is especially useful when using a USB headset that is occasionally unplugged.