*** DO NOT BUY THIS VERSION! Get Pythonista 3 instead. This legacy version is still available, so that existing customers can get bugfix updates, but Pythonista 3 includes all features of this, and more (including support for Python 3). You can find Pythonista 3 in the "Related" tab right here. ***
Pythonista brings the Zen of Python™ to your iPad or iPhone.
Pythonista is an integrated development environment for writing Python™ scripts on iOS. You can create interactive experiments and prototypes using multi-touch, animations, and sound – or just use the interactive prompt as a powerful calculator.
With extensive support for URL schemes, access to the iOS clipboard and photo library, and the powerful modules in the Python standard library, it is also possible to use Pythonista as a flexible automation tool for text or image processing. You can even run Python scripts within other apps, using the Pythonista app extension that is accessible from the standard iOS share sheet.
>>> Full-featured, scriptable code editor with syntax highlighting and code completion
>>> Extended keyboard, designed specifically for Python
>>> Interactive prompt with code completion and history
>>> Complete offline documentation with quick lookup directly from the editor
>>> Multiple light and dark color themes
>>> Visual UI editor for quick prototyping
>>> Includes most of the Python standard library and additional modules for graphics, sound, and iOS system services (e.g. clipboard, contacts, reminders, twitter, UI...)
>>> Matplotlib and NumPy for scientific visualizations
>>> Lots of other popular third-party modules, e.g. requests, BeautifulSoup, Flask, bottle, SymPy, and more.
>>> Lots of included examples to get started
>>> Universal app for iPad and iPhone
Based on Python 2.7.5; the name "Pythonista" is used with kind permission of the Python Software Foundation.
+++ Pythonista 3 is out NOW! It includes full support for Python 3.5, an integrated debugger, snippets, custom file templates, and lots of other new features. You can find it in the "Related" tab right here (or search for "Pythonista 3"). As a user of Pythonista 2.x, you can get version 3 at a discount by purchasing the "Pythonista 3 Upgrade Bundle". +++
• The Python interpreter has been updated to 2.7.12 (from 2.7.5).
• New traceback viewer for exceptions -- it now appears in a (movable) floating window, and contains a tab for viewing values of variables in the selected stack frame.
• Fixed crashes during code completion for ``numpy``/``matplotlib``.
• The `speech` module contains new functions for speech recognition, in addition to speech synthesis (iOS 10 only).
• The `sound` module contains a new `Recorder` class for recording audio files from the microphone. `sound.play_effect` and `sound.Player` have also been improved to support stereo panning.