Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add them to your Photos library. All right from Pixelmator.
Pixelmator 3.9 Classic is designed to integrate seamlessly with macOS Catalina's fresh and modern look, macOS Continuity features, like Handoff, iCloud Drive, and Continuity Camera, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to parts of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or rearrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer style presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer style presets
• Apply any of the layer style presets using drag and drop
• Launch Pixelmator directly from Photos and save edits back to the original image
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, HEIF, TIFF, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly sync your work across all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator retouching tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator distort tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a wide range of macOS features and technologies like Cocoa, Metal, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
Pixelmator 3.9 Classic adds full support for macOS Catalina, including support for Sidecar and Apple Pencil, and brings a few other improvements and fixes.
• Pixelmator is now fully compatible with macOS Catalina, including support for Sidecar and Apple Pencil.
• A new button to change the visibility of the Layers palette has been added to the Touch Bar.
• When showing palettes, they will now appear on the currently active screen rather than the primary display.
• Pressure sensitivity when using graphics tablet pens (and Apple Pencil with Sidecar) has been improved.
• The Pixelmator extensions for the Photos app have been rebuilt using optimized Swift code.
• Brush size by pressure will now scale linearly from 1-100% and algorithmically from 100%-1000%.
• It is now possible to open Pixelmator documents with some missing data.
• The Tools palette's shortcut menu would sometimes be slightly offset on external displays. Fixed.
• When using vector tools and setting the Stroke slider in the Touch Bar to the minimum value, the arrow buttons in the Tool Options bar would be disabled. Fixed.
• The Continuity camera was not working. Fixed.
• The effect rope would sometimes be displayed incorrectly on external displays. Fixed.
• The color of text would change slightly while creating a new layer and pasting something into the document. Fixed.
• The color of text would change slightly when opening another document with a different color space. Fixed.
• The default orientation of new alignment guides was incorrect. Fixed.
• When clicking the color well in the Rulers Preferences, the Colors window would not appear if it was already open before opening the Preferences window. Fixed.
• Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when attempting to use the Touch Bar while the trial window was open. Fixed.
• Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when adding numerical values to the names of layer slices. Fixed.
• Pixelmator would sometimes quit unexpectedly when trying to use the color well in the Fonts palette. Fixed.
• Various fixes improve the stability of Pixelmator.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com!