Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 9 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color cast and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the OpenGL ES-based Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images on iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to the iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 9
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 9. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, ARC, Grand Central Dispatch, OpenGL ES, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
Pixelmator 2.3 for iOS brings an incredible Quick Selection Tool, a powerful and precise Magnetic Selection Tool, features many small, but awesome improvements to the selection experience on iOS, and more.
• The advanced Quick Selection Tool lets you make incredibly accurate selections.
• The smart Magnetic Selection Tool snaps precisely to the objects you trace.
• Many small, but awesome changes improve the selection experience on iOS.
• When making selections, you can now tap Invert to invert your selection.
• The outline of selections made with the Color Selection Tool is more precise thanks to a content-aware smoothing algorithm.
• The all-new marching ants design improves performance and has ants that actually march around your selections.
• The Color Selection Tool is now faster (especially on older devices).
• Added a Create New selection mode, which is now the default.
• A live preview of your final selection is now shown when using the Add or Subtract selection modes.
• You can now transform selections in the Arrange pane.
• Selections now snap to layers and the canvas, just like layers do (but you can turn this off by turning off Guides).
• Selections made with the Free Selection, Rectangle Selection, and Ellipse Selection tools now always snap to pixels, meaning there won’t be any unwanted, half-transparent pixels at the edges of a selection when you copy, delete, or transform it.
• The selection paths of the Free Selection Tool are now made up of twice as many points, which makes them smoother.
• When you open up Select with an already selected area, the selection tool that you were using previously will automatically become active.
• When moving a selected area, dragging inside the selection will move it, and dragging outside the selection will now pan the image.
• The selection outline that is added as you select with the Free Selection Tool now has a subtle animation.
• When making selections with the Quick Selection or Color Selection tools, the selection preview now fades into the marching ants.
• Tapping Undo after transforming a selected area sometimes used to make that area flicker. Fixed.
• When using the Free Selection Tool, quickly tapping could sometimes make really small selections instead of adding points. Fixed.
Improvements and bug fixes:
• Use a two finger double tap to zoom in or zoom to fit.
• The 9:16 aspect ratio is now in the list of ratios in Crop.
• The request to let Pixelmator access your Photos library wouldn’t appear if you tried to save to Photos before having opened an image from Photos – it does now.
• If you use Copy to Photos to save a new image to your Photos library, you’ll now be able to use Save to Photos to save over that new image.
• If you drag a layer that is not selected (the transform handles aren't visible) and it does not fit in the screen, the layer will not be moved. To move it – first, tap to select it.
• When you hold two fingers to rotate a layer but one or both fingers are outside the currently selected layer, other layers in your image will not be selected – first tap to select the layer you want to rotate, then hold two fingers inside it to start rotating.
• Zoom animations are a little more smooth as they now have subtle ease-out transitions.
Apple Pencil improvements and bug fixes:
• When using Apple Pencil, the brush size of the Quick Selection Tool is pressure-sensitive.
• Selections made using Apple Pencil and the Free Selection Tool are now more accurate.
• The transform handle area is now smaller, giving you more precision.
Pixelmator for iPhone improvements:
• The Select and Distort tool choosers are now laid out more symmetrically.
• The selection mode in the Select tool chooser is highlighted more clearly.
• Tapping to choose a selection mode will now close the Select tool chooser.
Pixelmator 2.3 for iOS has a bunch of other great improvements and fixes – read the full release notes at pixelmator.com/ios/updates